Set Pod Size (CPU+RAM)
When you define your Deployment objects, you can specify the CPU and RAM requests for each container instance so you have the right size container/s for your application's needs.
Use the K8s Dashboard we provide or Kubectl to deploy or modify the Project Deployment for each Project.
You will not be able to specify specific locations or a minimum number of locations if they will cause your usage of RAM and CPU to exceed the boundaries of your current project plan (see Pricing Plans).
Use the standard Kubernetes methods for specifying your container's requirements.
The following Deployment has one container defined with a request for 0.5 GiB RAM and 0.5 vCPU.
- name: nginx
- containerPort: 80
Refer to Kubernetes Docs on managing resources to learn more.
- There are no minimum sizes.
- Maximum container sizes are 4 vCPU and 12 GiB.
- For more information please refer to the product pricing information to understand how your requests are related to your billing.
- Section may alter your YAML to ensure that request = limit, which gives a quality of service "Guaranteed".
- Both request and limit must be specified
- If request and limit are not equal, Section will use the higher of the two values.
- You cannot request ephemeral storage directly. Section will automatically apply the ephemeral storage limits when the deployment is created.