Make a Custom Grafana Dashboard
Grafana - Custom Dashboards
It may be helpful for you to create a custom dashboard that is specific to your application. You can create your own dashboard by either starting from scratch or duplicating an existing dashboard.
Creating a dashboard from scratch
To create a dashboard from scratch:
- Click on the Grafana logo in the left hand corner.
- Open the Dashboards dropdown.
- Click on New.
- Select the type of panel you want to display (Graph, singlestat, table, pie chart, etc).
Duplicating an existing dashboard
To create a dashboard from an existing dashboard:
- Click on the cog wheel at the top of the screen
- Click on Save as… ‘
- Updating the name
- Click save.
In order for these changes to be permanent you MUST remove the
system tag from this dashboard. To do this:
- Click on the same cog wheel as before
- Click on Make editable. This will allow you to make changes in the dashboard.
- Click on the cog wheel and then Settings. In the section called tags, you will want to remove the system tag (image below).