Careers at Section
Section was founded in Australia in 2012 and moved our HQ to Colorado in 2016. We’re backed by a group of top-shelf Venture Capital firms…led by the Foundry Group. We have a significant number of dedicated customers in the global e-commerce, travel and media industries.
At Section, we hire smart, talented, dedicated people and provide attractive compensation, equity options, full benefits, unlimited PTO, fulfilling work/life balance and maximum workplace flexibility.
Section was created for developers, by developers. We’re adding to our world-class team and this is an amazing opportunity to transform not only the Internet but your career as well.
Come join us!
Platform EngineerLocations: USA (Preferably Colorado) and NSW, Australia
Section is the only website optimization platform that gives developers the control they need to achieve unmatched website speed and reliability. Unlike legacy Content Delivery Networks, Section provides a software-defined content delivery solution so developers can easily customize and control their web performance, scalability and security compositions using open tools and an easy-to-use interface.
We are growing our Engineering team and are seeking passionate, talented Software Engineers who love to build low-level system software alongside a small group of highly technical engineers. This is a great opportunity to build an industry-transforming platform, which has an extremely high upside-growth potential. CDN is $7B industry today and is projected to grow to $31B (4x) by 2022.
Why this job is compelling…your opportunity to make an impact
You’ll primarily be building new features across all four of our sub-system modules for our revolutionary software defined content delivery platform. Here’s why Section is compelling:
- Your work will be impactful…it’s very early stage in our category and the upside potential is dramatic both at Section and in the CDN sector
- Section is all about engineering…founded by and filled with talented engineers
- Use/learn cutting edge languages, tools and frameworks (Golang, Kubernetes, AWS/Azure, Python, etc.)
- Lots of workplace flexibility…work from home…work from our offices in Boulder or Denver or Sydney
- Great employee benefits, equity options and competitive compensation
- Section is very employee-centric…last year’s company retreat held in Hawaii
- We are an international company and you’ll have the opportunity to travel to and from Australia
It’s a given that you have some previous systems level software development experience, but more importantly you love building impactful software that makes a fellow engineer’s job just so much easier. Additional attributes include:
- Development experience in Go, Python or Ruby would be terrific, but you don’t have to have these. Great developers can (and should) learn all sorts of languages, frameworks and tools. The above are what we currently use, so if you don’t have them already, plan to add them to your development toolkit.
- Experience with any of the following from a SW development perspective would be great…Cloud (AWS/Azure), Kubernetes, Infrastructure Automation, DevOps, Networking, TCP/IP.
- Ability to be flexible and be an “all-around” SW Engineer…we’re small, so you’ve got to wear lots of hats and you will own what you build.
- Have the confidence to push your code into production as quickly as possible…build it, test it, deploy it, fix it (if needed) and move on. You have a little bit of “risk-taking, fighter pilot” in you.
- You’re passionate about software development and you recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration…you’re fun, flexible and a nice person (no jerks allowed)
Customer EngineerLocations: USA (Preferably Colorado) and NSW, Australia
We have an opportunity for a Customer Engineer to join our rapidly growing pre- and post-sales customer engineering team. Driven and well-rounded individual(s) possessing strong technical and communication skills and a desire to assume significant responsibility and grow at a rapid pace would fit perfectly in the role.
Our Customer Engineers are responsible for owning the success of the customer. This includes product (portal, platform and module) design, development and maintenance, working with fellow engineers (users or customers) during the enablement process and ongoing management and working with the Platform and Product teams to continuously improve the product we provide to our users.
To apply for this role just shoot us a note.
1105 Spruce St.
Boulder, Colorado 80302
Toll Free +1 844 325 9500
Toll Free +44 800 011 9066
Level 14, 275 Alfred Street
North Sydney, NSW, 2060
+61 2 9119 0444