Edge Compute Solutions
WordPress sites can be vulnerable to attack and performance issues. Section's globally distributed edge helps supercharge WordPress.Talk to a Developer
Faster WordPress performance with a Global Varnish Cache
- WordPress can be slow and loves Varnish Cache acceleration.
- Reduce the number of servers/licenses required by offloading computation from your WordPress servers.
- Section Varnish Cache tier works alongside WordPress optimization tools such as W3 Total Cache.
- Section provides a larger performance increase on top of any internal caching solutions like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.
- Check and test Varnish Cache for WordPress in the safety of your dev environment.
Run Varnish Cache alongside W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.
Like any other website, significant traffic to a WordPress site can result in poor performance and slow load speeds.
While there are suitable internal caching solutions, such as W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache, implementation of an advanced caching solution like Section provides significant return.
Implement Section’s instance of Varnish Cache alongside your internal caching plugin and experience even greater performance boosts.
Setting Up Advanced Caching
Use Varnish Cache Control Language (or VCL) to configure the cache settings. When you make changes to the VCL and deploy Section, your changes will instantly be distributed to all of Section’s globally distributed nodes.
With advanced caching options, you can set up Section to provide a unique caching platform for your web application and test it in your local development and test environments before pushing to production.
- Device detection logic - Change application behavior based on user devices detected.
- Rewrite URLs and change HTTP headers - Make “off domain” objects cacheable.
- Set caching based on server side logic - Strip unnecessary cookies; override the cache times.
- Modify Cache Control Headers - Set a max age cache time at client side that differs from intermediary caches.
- Set specific HTML pages to cache or not cache.
- Set result code-dependent redirections.
- Use edge side includes.
- and many more…
Let’s discuss your specific WordPress site needs.
Let us help your team leverage Section’s Edge Compute Platform for your WordPress website.