Programmable Edge scalability and performance for HTTP applicationsGet Started
Run the latest version of Varnish Cache on a globally distributed Edge Compute Platform.
Varnish Cache is an open source HTTP reverse proxy which is brilliant for accelerating web applications.
Super fast and super flexible, Varnish Cache can be used to achieve a variety of outcomes from caching “the uncacheable” to routing, blocking or manipulating your HTTP traffic. See the open source project for more on Varnish Cache.
Why is Varnish Cache on Section easier and more powerful?
Section takes the complications out of installing and configuring Varnish Cache for your web application:
- Varnish Cache ready to go on a global edge network.
- SSL termination and SSL certificate management.
- Fully managed Varnish Cache scaling and scalability, global redundancy and infrastructure management.
- Real-time Varnish Cache metrics and logs presented in the Section portal for immediate and comprehensive Varnish Cache diagnosis and management.
- Continually updated choice of Varnish Cache version; up to the very latest available.
- A graphical user interface for simple configuration.
- Example Gists to kickstart your advanced configuration.
- A development environment to safely test your caching changes
- 24x7x365 engineering support.
Advanced caching configuration
Section gives you complete control over your Varnish Cache configuration, allowing you to push your web speed to the extreme by caching dynamic content and full HTML documents.
Edit and commit Varnish Cache Control Language (VCL) changes within the Section portal to configure cache settings and take advantage of the flexibility Varnish Cache offers. Test your changes in our local and testing environments; when you go live, your changes will instantly be distributed to all of Section’s globally distributed servers.
Cache settings include:
- Device detection logic - change application behavior based on user devices detected
- Rewrite URLs and change HTTP headers - make “off domain” objects cacheable
- Set caching based on server-side logic - strip unnecessary cookies, override the cache times
- Modify Cache Control Headers - set a max age cache time client-side that differs from intermediary caches
- Set Specific HTML Pages to Cache or Not Cache
- Set result code dependent redirections
- Use Edge Side Includes
Varnish is a registered trademark of Varnish Software AB and its affiliates.
Ready to jump in?
Experience the power of Varnish Cache running on Section's Edge Compute Platform.