The Section Changelog
What's new on Section
Restrict access to user phone numbers in Aperture
February 20, 2020
Users can no longer see the phone number of other users in Aperture.
Previously any user could:
- Create a Section account via Aperture.
- Invite any existing Section user to their account
- View the invited user’s phone number without any approval given by the invited user
- cannot see the phone number of other users.
- can see and edit their own phone number, for the purposes of enabling SMS-based 2FA.
- can also specify an initial phone number for invited users that do not yet exist.
We believe this fix improves privacy for our users. It helps mitigate phishing and SMS-based 2FA interception.
Thanks to Salsa Digital for reporting this bug.