We have opportunities for a Solutions Engineer to join our rapidly growing pre and post sales delivery services team in the Boulder Colorado office.
Driven and well-rounded individuals possessing strong technical and communication skills and a desire to assume significant responsibility and grow at a rapid pace would fit perfectly in the role.
A Solutions Engineer will work with our customers during the early stages from pre-sales through the entire implementation process and be responsible for owning the success of the customer. As our solution is a new generation of Content Delivery Network, a Solutions Engineer will need to have an ability to guide our customers in leveraging significant new capabilities and contribute to the knowledge capital creation process.
As a fast growing company, the Solutions Engineer should be a self-starter and both capable and interested in leading a team in the future.
section.io is a next generation content delivery network; built for agile teams. section.io's customers such as Esprit, Thrifty and Mazda use section.io's CDN because their Engineers are properly empowered to make their websites faster, safer and more reliable.
Current CDNs promise to deliver improved website customer experience. They promise website speed, security and availability improvements.
However, Engineers dislike working with CDNs because CDNs break modern development workflows. Therefore, much of the promise of CDNs is frustratingly lost as developers code conservatively or valuable CDN features are turned off.
Engineers love section.io because it synchronizes right into their normal daily development practices.
section.io is an early stage company growing quickly and has operations in Sydney (Australia) and Boulder.
- Perform and oversee implementation process with customers
- Perform and provide website performance or security reviews with customers to identify improvement opportunities
- Perform and oversee key pre-sales proof of concept deliverables
- Conduct Pre-sales product demonstrations
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire life phases of adoption
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through proactive communication and ownership of issues
- Contribute to continual improvement of methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques for more effective product usage
- Contribute to shared repositories of product information and solution documentation
- Understand client requirements and overall project vision
- Communicate section.io methodology and best practices to customers
- Liaise with product management to communicate customer feedback and best practices
Required Technical Qualifications
- Strong fundamentals and experience in networking, particularly TCP and HTTP
- Command line proficiency Unix, Mac OSX
- Strong written and oral communication skills – proven client facing skills
- BS in EE/CS
Required Web Performance Engineer Skills
- Minimum 5 year of experience in web performance, pre-sales or software consulting/implementation
- History of success working directly with end users
- World-class reliability - our customers will expect rapid responses to product questions
- Experience working with multiple customers in a fast-paced environment
- Client management and organization/business awareness
- World-class global team, generous stock options, competitive cash compensation
- Downtown Boulder CO location
- High energy company culture that likes to win and has fun together
- Very generous health plan and 401k